Friday, May 11, 2012

Military Spouse Appreciation Day Blog Hop




Riding the Roller Coaster


I decided to participate in the Blog Hop and want to thank Riding the Roller Coaster and Household Diva 6 for hosting! I look forward to connecting with more bloggers!!


I have been happily married to my husband Kyle for almost 4 years. We have known each other for 15 years (since middle school) and continue to learn from each other and embrace this crazy Army life. We are just two people from Las Vegas who fell in love!



My husband- Kyle- has been in the Army for a little over 5 years. He is a military intelligence officer and a paratrooper. He is dedicated to his job and his soldiers. I have never met anyone like him and truly believe he was meant for me. Next months he will start MICCC (Captains Career Course) and begin the next chapter in his military career and hopefully after that Ranger School. 


As for me-Jen- I have embraced this crazy military life. Being away from family has been tough for me since I am very close with my family. I lost my Mom in 2011 to Cancer and I strive everyday to be as strong as she was. Despite crazy training schedules, late nights, impromptu deployments, scheduled deployments, FRG commitments and at one point working myself I am still 110% a dedicated military spouse. As much as I want to scream some days I would not change this life for anything. 


On my blog I have been very candid at our struggle to have children. We have endured 4 miscarriages, 3 rounds of clomid and 2 failed IUI's but we WILL NEVER give up our dream to have a precious child. If that means biologically or through adoption we will be parents. For the time being we are parents to our fur-babies, Emma and Fishy.







Welcome to my blog!!!





15 comments:

  1. I am coming over from the blog hop, and wanted to say hello. I read a little ways back, and kudos to you for posting about such tough stuff. Best of luck to you and your husband in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the blog hop. :)

    Happy Milspouse Appreciation Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for leaving a comment and happy milspouse appreciation day!!!...nice to you meet you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are at Fort Bragg, too! Fayettenam really isn't my style, but I do like it better than where we were before. And I guess I should learn to love it because it looks like we'll be here forever.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Im here from the blog hop. Thanks for stopping by my blog. It sounds like your husband has a lot of hurdles coming up in the next few months with the career course and especially Ranger School. Best of luck to you both! I look forward to keeping up with you here :) Happy Milspouse Appreciation Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your sweet comment! You are gorgeous and I especially love your dress in that last photo! Good luck with all y'all have coming up with your husband's career! I know that it all affects you greatly too :)

    Look forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following you back! Looking forward to hearing all about your PCS and everything in between.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! It's nice to meet you! Sorry I'm a day late, but I can't wait to read more from you. I'm sorry for the loss of your Mom, I lost my Dad to cancer when I was very young, I can only imagine it's worse as an adult. Thank you for stopping by the blog! Have a fabulous weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy (belated) Military Spouse Appreciation Day! Coming in from the blog-hop to say Hello and say "Nice to meet you!" I was born outside of Las Vegas (Nellis AFB / Indian Springs) so although it's not home it is close to my heart. :) Many blessings and hope this year brings you success in TTC. - Leanne from MilitaryAvenue.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping to say hi! I love the dress you're wearing in the last picture!!
    I hope you're able to have children one day...a day very soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, girlfriend! You and Kyle look great all dressed up :) Good luck with PCSing...'tis the season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting from the BlogHop. You've a really nice blog, and I look forward to reading more about your adventures.
    Greetings from Alaska!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! New follower, also stationed at Bragg. You look very familiar, but I know I've never met you.

    Looking forward to reading more about you!

    Lyzz

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's nice to "meet" you Jen!! Happy Mil Spouse Appreciation Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! I am a little late from the BlogHop but I wanted to say that you have a beautiful family! My Aunt tried for seven years and finally had a beautiful baby girl! It was nice to meet you! So Happy belated military spouse appreciation day!! Amanda

    mickandmackarmyadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)