Friday, February 10, 2012

Eye Surgery!!

Yesterday was the day I had been waiting for since I was 14 years old! Lasik eye surgery! Kyle drove me up to Raleigh for my appointment which was at 11:40am. I was starting to get really nervous but he was amazing at keeping me calm (since he had been through eye surgery almost 4 years ago). It was finally time, I took my valium and was taken to the back. Dr. Travers was amazing!!! She talked to me through the whole thing and it was over in less than 10 minutes. When I sat up I was in awe, I could finally see! I walked out to the waiting room looked at Kyle and said "I can see you!!!" it was amazing!


I got home and slept until about 7:30pm and then started my eye drops. I was able to get some good sleep night and be rested for my follow up appointment. The best part of the whole process was that I could see perfect enough this morning to drive myself to my follow up. When I got there they tested my eyes and told me I had 20/15 eyesight!! Holy Cow!!! I really wish I had done this sooner, I am beyond happy.


Overall it was an amazing experience and I would recommend Dr. Travers to anyone!!! I am excited that in a few weeks I can go to our marriage retreat at Great Wolf Lodge and not have to wear contacts or glasses.


I hope everyone has had a great week!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I've been wanting to get it, but I'm scared something will go wrong. It would be great not to worry a out glasses or contacts anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha "I can see you!" I'm pretty sure that's exactly the same thing I first said. :) Congrats, I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)