Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chocolate Cherry Mice- Recipe

At the request of JG, I am going to post the recipe for the Chocolate Cherry Mice (it is really simple)

Ingredients:

1 bag hershey kisses
marachino cherries (with stems)
1 bag milk chocolate chips
1 bag sliced almonds
red hot candies


Directions:

1. Create a double-boiler on the stove, pour the bag of milk chocolate chips and slowly melt them. (it is easier to do this with 2 people so one can constantly stir the chocolate, but I usually do it by myself)

2. Drain the cherries and one by one pick them up by the stem and dip them in the melted chocolate, covering the whole cherry. Lay them flat on a cookie sheet with parchment paper (makes it easier later to take them off)

3. Once the cherry is on the parchment paper take a hershey kiss and attach it to the front of the cherry.

4. Then take 2 sliced almonds and gently slide them behind the hershey kiss to create ears (be careful not to break the almonds it does happen)

5. Last but not least take a toothpick or a small knife and place 2 dots of chocolate onto the hershey kiss, then place 2 red hots to create the eyes. (I usually wait until I have all the mice made and then I go back and add the eyes)

6. After you have completed them place them in the fridge to harden and then enjoy!!

If everything goes just right they will look like this:



Big thanks to my Mom for giving me the recipe and teaching me how to make them!

4 comments:

Love hearing from you!! :)