Tuesday, March 19, 2019

All American Week!!!

I can't believe that we are only 5 days away from the All American Marathon!!!
I became an Ambassador for this at the end of July and it has been one of the coolest experiences I have had. Being able to represent this event and hold promo events has been so much fun. I have been able to meet a lot of nice people all while providing information as well as discounts for this race. We have 15 ambassadors for this event (coming from NC, SC, VA, and GA) and we have absolutely exceeded expectations for registrations this year. Between the 5k, half, and full we have over 3,100 individuals registered! I am so proud of how hard all of the ambassadors have worked to make this a successful year. 

Kyle will be running the half while I am running the full. Since there are no strollers allowed my Dad  will be coming up to watch E for us while we run. I am definitely thankful that he is willing to do that. E is excited to get to spend a few days with her papa. 

One of the best things about this event is that it is actually a training run for me. I get to enjoy the 26.2 miles instead of stressing about a PR or anything like that. The course takes us from downtown Fayetteville through the historic district and we end the race on Fort Bragg. There is a pretty amazing site from mile 8-9, it is called The Blue Mile. It is dedicated to our fallen heroes and I am so excited to see it in person. 
I will be working the expo on Friday for a few hours with my fellow local ambassador. We are excited to get the runners pumped for the event. Then Saturday morning I will be getting together with my fellow ambassadors for a 2 mile shakeout run. It will be fun to meet some of them in person for the first time. The weather is looking amazing for Sunday and I can't wait to share this experience not only with my husband but with several of my SLAM sisters. 

Bring it on marathon #3!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)