Friday, September 11, 2015

Never Forget

It has been 14 years since our country was changed in the most catastrophic way. I will always remember where I was when it happened and the feelings that I felt.

Kyle and I have had the honor to visit ground zero and see those reflecting pools honoring those who were lost on that day. The emotions that we felt are something that I cannot put into words. 

Those who were lost in those attacks including the first responders will never ever be forgotten. Nor will we forget those thousands of amazing service members who have defended this great country against the evil who committed those acts. We almost lost a very dear friend in the attack on the Pentagon, had he left his office a few seconds later we would not have him in our lives.





We Will Never Forget.


8 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I never went down to Ground Zero (I have seen it post 9-11 b/c I needed to be in the area). I just couldn't face it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, never forget. Someday I'll go to ground zero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband was there in late 2011 or early 2012. Back when it was still a crazy mess. I have never been, but would like to go someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on 9-11. On my drive to dentist office that's got a lovely country drive between here and there, was a fence at someone's house. There were US flags flying that I don't usually see. Lovely memory of the day. Yes, we'll never forget. So thankful for those who served that day to help others, many losing their lives. Thank you God for our great country. May our flag forever wave in the land of the free and the home of the brave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to Ground Zero in 2002. It was an incredible experience.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)