Monday, June 30, 2014

A Quick Getaway

Kyle and I had a great time on our little getaway this weekend. We got up to Inn of the Mountain Gods early Friday afternoon and fell in love with our view of the lake. After dropping our stuff off we headed into Ruidoso to walk around and take in the scenery. We found an amazing barbecue place and enjoyed an early dinner. Afterwards we found a miniature golf course and had to play. I won lol.


After we got back to the hotel we walked around the property, had a drink at the bar and enjoyed dessert on the balcony. :)

Sunday morning we got up bright and early to go horseback riding. It was absolutely amazing!!! It was just us and our guide on the ride and the views were stunning. I already want to go back and do it again.

We came home a day early and attended a get together at Kyle's battalion commanders place, it was nice to have the whole battalion together. We had a great time.

The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and prepping for a busy week.

I hope you all had a great weekend!!

14 comments:

  1. oooo I love horseback riding! And that lake is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice and relaxing weekend, perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like such a nice weekend! Glad y'all had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend!! That barbecue looks sooo good! I'm actually going out for bbq tonight and it's making my mouth water ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the PERFECT getaway to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks romantic and peaceful. I love that you took a horse ride!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad it was a perfect little getaway. Now I want to go miniature golfing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great weekend! I want that BBQ plate, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love the horse rides. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun!!! The horse back riding sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a perfect weekend! I love that inn's name, so perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)