Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"Operation Clean-up"

Well, now that my wonderful hubby is deployed I figured now was as good a time as any to to an overhaul on the house. Yesterday, I started with my closet *cringe*, I have an insane amount of clothes, most of which are from high school. My friend Kristina came over and helped me organize. I think when I was done I had 9 bags of clothes that were either too small or just old. I also ended up with a bag of shoes and purses. I have more hangers than clothes in my closet now. I then went through Kyle's closet and organized it (didn't really have to get rid of anything), it looks so much better.


 I realized just how much stuff we have that we don't use. Just this morning alone I have filled up 7 huge trash bags and I have boxes upstairs full of stuff that need to go to a dumpster. It feels nice to have gotten rid of stuff we don't need or use.


I will probably finish clearing stuff out tonight I usually work better later at night (really not sure why), I might even tackle the garage. 


I hope everyone is having a great week so far. 


I will leave you with this picture:


 Our last picture together.




6 comments:

  1. I usually do a thorough cleaning before we PCS. Since that is coming up in July, it's about time for me to do that. I really don't have a lot to get rid of though.

    Good luck! I hope you get done with everything. I also hope the year flies by for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clean deep when he leaves too. Since he's leaving soon, I started already. LOL Told him to excuse my rituals.
    http://seasonedairforce.blogspot.com/ Drop by and see what I'm up to while mine is gone and I'll do the same. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a good looking couple! seems like everyone is purging these days. i sold a ton of stuff at a flea market last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope this deployment flies by for you. I love doing deep cleanings. the feelings of accomplishment that come with them are second to none!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We cleaned out before moving to Huachuca last summer. We were able to donate so much stuff! I hope this deployment goes by quickly for you. It seems like Evan's is dragging along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, would you like to come by my house and help me get rid of our junk?! I know that when we move into our new base home I will be sending a lot of stuff to the Airman's attic.

    Do you have a place like that with the Army that will take your donated items, like the clothes and such?

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)