Thursday, July 22, 2010

Is it Friday yet?!

I can't wait for Friday, not only is it the end of the work week but it's also my BIRTHDAY!! I can't believe I will be turning 25. I don't have anything exciting planned just dinner out with Kyle and watching movies at home (believe me I am much happier at home haha). We picked up my cake yesterday, yummy cookies and cream ice cream cake from Coldstone, yum!!!!

I talked to my Mom last night for a little bit and it makes me happy that she hasn't been getting sick much lately. She has been taking chemo pills for the last 5 days and has had minimal sickness. She is so tough and I am amazed at her drive and determination. A few weeks ago she finally gave in and let my sister shave her head, but while she was down in Phoeniz at the treatment center she purchased 2 wigs and she looks fantastic!!! It boosted her spirits a lot and made her feel confident again. I am looking forward to skyping with her and my family tomorrow for my birthday.

This weekend we are on a mission to find DVD racks, we have spent the last few weeks searching for good ones and have had no luck. I'm thinking a trip up to IKEA is going to be necessary, maybe I can talk Kyle into going on Saturday. I'm sure I will find other things there that I "need". I am ready to have the house completely decorated and done. I have definitely been slacking on it, I have pictures that still need to be hung and boxes in the spare rooms that need to be unpacked. Ugh, at some point I guess it will get finished.

Hopefully in the next few weeks we will find out if Kyle is cleared to go to the Pre-Ranger Course, with is being relatively close to a deployment we are afraid his Battalion Commander will say no. He would miss a lot of training and also a JFEX (Joint Fires Exercise- not so good when he is the S2). Either way I'm happy with the outcome, I just know he wants to get Ranger School out of the way.

Well, not much else to report. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!!

1 comment:

Love hearing from you!! :)