Sunday, February 21, 2010

So glad the weekend is over...

Wow those are words I never though would come out of my mouth. This weekend has been jam packed with routine maintenance on both my car and Kyle's...lots of cleaning and trying to get sleep. I have been dog-sitting (2 dogs) for 2 1/2 weeks for a friend of mine. I love animals don't get me wrong but I am beyond ready to have my house back (I have to keep my cat put away because he is not a fan of big dogs). They will be going home tomorrow and I'm happy. I guess I miss having my normal routine of just having it be me, emma and fishy.

I heard from Kyle today and hopefully we are nearing the end of his time in Haiti. He seems to think things are wrapping up and that they will be coming home sooner rather than later. Unfortunately he will be leaving something to remember him by in Haiti: his wedding ring! He called me on Wednesday and sounded so sad when he told me that it had fallen off. He has lost some weight and he thinks it fell off when he was playing football with the guys. He and a few others have been looking for it, but have had no luck. I told him that it was ok and that we would just buy a new one. Of course it bums me out but things happen. I finally found a picture of him with his platoon at FOB Black here it is:
He is the tallest guy in the back row (2nd to the last on the right)

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend!!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about his ring! Someone warned us to buy SoldierMan a "spare" ring, and thank goodness we did - he lost it two weeks later! Someone found it a while later, but still, they might not have. I hope he does get to come home soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! Kyle tried to give it to me before he left, but I said "no, it's ok honey, you won't lose it" haha. I'm glad someone was able to find Soldierman's ring! I think I will definitely take your advice and buy him a new one and then a spare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left you something on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about his ring. :( I hope he gets to come home soon!!! Keep us updated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Miranda!!! That made my night!

    Marie- I will definitely keep everyone updated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw I'm sorry to hear about his ring my hubs has almost lost his as well thats why when he goes to Bootcamp and schooling i'm getting him a cheap on to wear and I will keep his exspensive one that goodness they had insurance for those things well at least he gets to come home sooner YAY I know your excited about that...YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie- I am so excited to have him home, we are still waiting on a solid date, but it will be great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)