Thursday, February 21, 2019

On The Road!

It's early here in rainy North Carolina but we are on the road to sunny Orlando! E has not stopped talking about this trip so it's going to be amazing.
I am looking forward to 4 days with family and lots of running haha! I'll be back next week with a fun recap of our trip. 

In the meantime, I wanted to share Kyle's fundraiser for Home for our Troops and the Chicago Marathon. A while ago I shared that I made it in through the lottery system but Kyle did not. He decided to fundraise with Homes for our Troops (just like I did last year). I am so proud of him for wanting to do this. His goal is $2,000 and he has already raised a little over $900 which is impressive for having started this in mid-November. 

For those who aren't familiar with Homes for our Troops, the are an organization that provides specially adapted homes for severely injured post 9/11 veterans. A friend of mine that I met through blogging has been directly impacted by this organization. Her husband (prior to their marriage) was given a specially adapted home. Nearly 90 cents of every dollar goes directly to funding these builds for new homes. To read more about them and the amazing work they do you can visit their website, Homes for our Troops

If you are interested (no pressure at all) in donating here is the link to his fundraiser. Their goal as a team is to raise $65,000. We raised over $60,000 last year and it would be awesome to surpass that. 


Any little bit helps.

I hope y'all enjoy the rest of the week and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)