Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Running in Costume!

One of the best things about running a Disney race is running in costume. When my sister and I ran the Pixie Dust Challenge a few years ago at Disneyland we had the so much fun dressing up. We were very thoughtful when it came to choosing our costumes because we wanted them to go together but also fit the theme of Tinkerbell and the other characters involved in Peter Pan. 

On Saturday for the 10k we dressed up as Captain Hook and Mr. Smee. They were such easy costumes to put together but ones that were easily recognizable when you looked at us.
On Sunday for the half marathon we dressed up as Wendy and Peter Pan. I just have to say that running in an awkwardly shaped hat is not easy haha but I was proud that I never lost it.
In about a week and a half we will be running the Enchanted 10k and Disney Princess Half Marathon (Fairy Tale Challenge) and we of course had to go with a princess theme for our costumes. We went back and forth on what princesses we should choose and how we would go about coordinating. 

Well, this is what we have come up with! 

My costumes are Belle when she is wearing the yellow dress and Cinderella when she is the peasant.
My sister's costumes are Belle when she wears the blue dress and Cinderella when she becomes a princess. 
We thought it would be fun to have 2 variations of different princesses. I am SO excited to see how they come together. I have a few more things that I need to pick up for my costumes but I am ready for the races to be here and for us to have fun running throughout Disneyworld.

Let's be real we will do almost anything to go to Disney and get medals haha.
I can't wait to share pictures of our costumes and all the details of the fun we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)