Friday, February 8, 2019

A Week of Adventures

Oh, North Carolina! You are teasing us! This whole week has been nothing but sunshine and mid-70 degree weather. I mean, how can you be mad at that?! Well, when you know that those temperatures are going to drop by well over 40 degrees by Saturday, you can be mad haha. 

Kyle has been away for work so I have been doing my best to keep E occupied after she is home from school. She got really upset on Monday when he left so I knew that keeping her really engaged and busy was going to be the best thing. She wanted to go to school (she doesn't normally go on Mondays) so I called and thankfully they had space for her in her class. She was really happy.
After school we played outside and she "worked" on her bike haha. She won't ride it yet but she will push it around the driveway.
After school on Tuesday we headed over to our favorite trail/playground for the some fun. It's a nature center and just absolutely beautiful.
We stayed there for well over an hour and a half. Since we were already out, I decided to take her to get ice cream. Freddy's is one of my favorite places but it's about 25 minutes from our house so we rarely go. However, it is only about 5 minutes from the trail! Woo!
While E is in school, I'm able to get my training runs done after SLAM and with this beautiful weather I'm loving it.
On Wednesday it was time to visit another park. She did not object haha.
 
 I love watching her explore and create adventures for herself.

Thursdays is always our busy day. She goes to school, then it's home for lunch, and a nap before dance. When Kyle is gone we go to Chick-fil-a for dinner afterwards. It's our special thing.
 
Despite Kyle being away it has been a good week. She doesn't have school today but we will be heading back to our favorite trail today to run 10 miles with some ladies from SLAM. It's become a Friday tradition.

I am so thankful for this sweet girl, she is truly the best!

Hope y'all have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)